The Value We Provide
To advocate for policies, legislation and programs that stimulate business and a vital economy as the foundation for a vibrant quality of life in Ventura County.
Since 1949, the voice of business
VCEDA is a 66-year-old organization, recognized as regional voice of business on issues affecting the economy in California and Ventura County. Membership in VCEDA helps leverage the power of a unified regional business group focused on stimulating the economy through advocacy and positive working relationships with key national, state and local public, private and nonprofit leaders.
VCEDA has been the catalyst for a number of organizations addressing some of our most pressing issues: Housing Opportunities Made Easier (HOME), the Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance (VCREA) and the Ventura County Civic Alliance (VCCA). VCEDA also has provided leadership in the last two rounds of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC).
VCEDA’s Policy Committee
This committee reviews policies and legislation impacting VCEDA members and Ventura County businesses and makes recommendations for all VCEDA positions and advocacy plans to the Board of Directors. Upon Board approval, VCEDA communicates its position to members and the public. All VCEDA members are encouraged to participate in this monthly committee by attending or bringing issues affecting their business forward for consideration.
Representing VCEDA members on important state and local organizations
- Governor’s Office of Small Business Advocate, Advisory Council and Disaster Preparedness Committee
- The Governor’s Emergency Planning Advisory Workgroup The Emergency Planning Council of Ventura County
- P-16 Council of Ventura County
- The Regional Defense Partnership for the 21st Century (RDP- 21) Community Commission
- Ventura County Civic Alliance
- Economic Development Collaborative of Ventura County (EDC-VC)
Taking the lead to stimulate regional business and the economy